Infrastructure Program Specialist
About The Role:
We are on the lookout for individuals who are interested in designing and operationalising a scalable intervention to improve and standardise infrastructural solutions in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) (i.e children’s homes, open shelters etc). Being an early stage non-profit organisation, individuals who bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the role and who are looking for more than just a regular 9 to 5 job are more likely to enjoy the role. If you are excited about making a serious commitment to the child care sector with an intent to stay and grow in the organisation, we would love to chat with you.
As the Infrastructure Program Specialist, you will be responsible for the design and roll out of the infrastructure program with the objective of improving and standardising the physical space in children’s homes. The role will involve understanding the existing infrastructure challenges of the sector, studying scalable processes of the construction sector and applying these learnings to design an intervention that will transform hundreds of shelter homes into child-friendly, well-designed care institutions. You will be responsible to create templated scalable designs which can be applied across multiple care institutions. The role will also require you to network and partner with a pool of specialists like architects, designers, contractors, vendors across cities for operational efficiency.
- 3+ years experience in project design, project management and project delivery in other non-profits or similar work
- Experience in architecture, civil engineering or in leading infrastructure/construction projects
- Experience working with contractors, vendors, building supply chains, procurement etc
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to influence without authority, manage multiple stakeholder relationships, strong strategic thinking and project management skills
- Committed to making an impact in the social sector.
- Interested in designing and operationalising scalable, infrastructure solutions.
- A target-driven high performer, excited about opportunities that have space for entrepreneurial energy and growth prospects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in field conditions, objectives and on-ground requirements.
- Ability to travel frequently and organize around efficient travel arrangements.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Interested to know more: Please fill in your details in this Interest Form (submitting CV is optional) and we will get in touch with you shortly.