Aftercare Programme Lead
Project design & operations
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
Guardians of Dreams is looking for individuals who are passionate about the cause of child care and is interested in building an aftercare program for young care-leavers from child care institutions. Being a startup organization, it requires individuals who are willing to bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the role. This is not a regular 9 to 5 job. It involves a serious commitment to the vision, and we are looking for individuals who will stay and grow with the organization.
As Aftercare Program Lead, your key responsibility will be to design, test and launch holistic programs for care-leavers (young adults leaving care) through meaningful partnerships. You will ensure that projects bring about positive impact on the young care-leavers that we work with as well as ensure that partners deliver the outcomes required. You will manage and grow to understand the nascent area of care-leavers and also intervene with policy implementation of Aftercare support under the Juvenile Justice Act, 2013.
You will be required to understand the child-care and care-leavers landscape, learn the nuances of youth & adult care-giving, research on impactful studies & programs to pilot Aftercare program in India. You will also be building long-term multi-year partnerships with other similar organisations to execute & deliver the program. Below is a snapshot of the key aspects of your role:
- Conduct a landscape study of Youth/Community Centres, their impactful interventions and design a Youth Centre for care-leavers.
- Partner or design & operationalise a volunteer-driven mentorship program for care-leavers.
- Develop programs on various crucial aspects of a care-leavers life such as education, mental health, financial & legal support etc with proper impact measurement systems, conduct pilots before the rollout of the program and then operationalize the program across multiple cities.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the Aftercare program and update design based on feedback or profile of care-leavers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various key stakeholders of the Aftercare program.
Guardians of Dreams runs volunteer driven chapters across its three cities - Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai. A significant portion of execution is done by mobilizing volunteers in our city chapters. You would need to build project management processes that enable volunteer teams to execute effectively. Be available to support/coach and guide your care-leavers and volunteer teams. You will be expected to create a knowledge-base of information from the ground and accordingly tweak or change operational design of the projects.
- 2+ years experience (full-time or voluntary) in project design, project management and project delivery in other non-profits, specifically on child-care.
- Experience in managing projects delivered by multi-city volunteer networks with skills in coaching/mentoring a team of volunteers/interns
- Ability to influence without authority, manage multiple stakeholder relationships, strong strategic thinking and project management skills
- Candidates with understanding and experience of working with institutionalised children, youth education and counselling would be preferred.
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org